The Life Of 5

The Life Of 5

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Small Boat




Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

The whole song isn't exactly fitting, but the chorus gets me everytime.

I gotta tell ya guys, these blogs get easier and easier to write everytime.

We had our ECHO this morning. It yielded a beautiful, perfectly structured, 100% functioning, beating heart.

We were initially given the odds 1:1,450 of carrying a baby with Down syndrome. Later we were given the odds <1:5 and then a Positive result. Rauri IS the 7%. She escaped the once 93% of babies with fetal diagnosis whose lives would end with termination. And has now dodged the 50% odds of having a heart defect be it life threatening or otherwise.

She was also waived of any abdominal abnormalities, intestinal deformities, and any other birth defects of the like. I am thrilled.

Just as stubborn as her mama, daddy, and two siblings, Ruari is here to show us that she is nowhere near ready to play by the rules. Originally I was crushed that for me, "defying odds" meant a future of the unknown, a scary diagnosis, a baby who could struggle to thrive, and one that will face many hardships.. and now I rest easy knowing that for her, "defying odds" means her strength and health are already proving others wrong. I am feeling reassured. This is just a glimpse of the little spitfire that will grace us in a few months.


"Never Tell Me The Odds; I Will Take Them & Defy Them"



whats next?
3 hour glucose (not sure how one only gains 5 lbs in nearly 25 weeks and can end up with GD) - 7.27.15
3 week follow up with regular OB - 8.11.15
6 weeks from now, full growth scan again, additional echo, high risk Dr visit, regular OB visit - 9.2.15


No comments:

Post a Comment